Start: October 2017
Duration: 24 months, including dissertation.
Study Mode: Part time
Schedule: Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a 17:30 (Two weekends a month)
Coordinator: Ing. Germán Ñacato Caiza. E-mail: email@example.com. Schedule: Saturday and Sundays when the module is on, monday to friday under appointment only. Ext: 1914
Precio Referencial: USD 7 150
Acquire competence, knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to have a global view of business, that enables analising the strategic and technological environment where the company operates, as well as implementing business intelligence solutions that create value for clients and provide competitive advantage for the organisation.
- Have a third level degree in one of the careers showed in the Applicant’s Profile (Booklet), registered at SENESCYT.
- Have a proficiency certificate in a foreign language (preferably English), granted by a University.
- Approve the entry exam (technical, aptitude test, interviews)
- Registration fee payment
Professionals with the following careers may be able to participate: Computing Systems Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunications, also Engineers in: Geographic, Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Economy, considering that the technology’s potential by itself, will not achieve positive results in public or private organisations, without visionary leadership and management skills, to guide their planning, design, implementation, administration and the use of support within the organisation processes.
Applicants for the Information Systems Management and Business Intelligence programme, should have a background knowledge on the following disciplines:
- Project Management (intermediate level)
- English (intermediate level)
- Information Management (advanced level)
- Proficiency in a foreign language.
At the end of the programme, the graduate will be able to:
- Transform stored data in information knowledge.
- Corporate Decision making, applying the different methods of storage development and data mining.
- Identify and list the acquisition and implementation needs of software solutions for business intelligence.
- Build techniques and innovative business practices, supported by the EIS systems and DSS systems features in an organization.
- Implement successful solutions specifying indicators based on methodologies.
- Business Analysis
- Knowledge, society, company and information
- Basic statistics
- Statistics for business application
- Strategic management
- Knowledge Management
- Information Systems
- ERP; CRM; “Ad-hoc” systems – TC communications
- Balance Score Card
- DSS: strategies for the implementation of a decision support system
- Data modelling
- Data warehouse, data smart and OLAP technology
- Data Mining
- Data Mining (advanced concepts)
- Migration and data integration
- EIS / DSS tools
- Ethical aspects of information use
- Applied research Methodology